Monday, May 5, 2008

The Cinco de Mayo festivities are REALLY intended to celebrate my dad!

Everyone thinks of Cinco de Mayo as the holiday that commemorates the victory of Mexican forces over French forces in the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862.





Well I'm here to tell you that the REAL reason for the celebration began 74 years LATER when my dad LEO ELISARIO ROMERO was born to Juanita and Gumecindo Romero in New Mexico.




My dad has always played a mean game of pool.














And he is so fun to dance with!


















One of his favorite musical groups is Los Tigres Del Norte and one of their songs that will always remind me of him is called La Puerta Negra.




My mom makes a pineapple upside down cake for my dad every year for his birthday.






Here are some mariachis to sing
FELIZ CUMPLEANOS A TI!!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!! I hope you are having a great day and that you're not working too hard!!


........................

No comments: