Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Just when I thought that the night couldn't get any better.....

Anthony and I were driving home after work, the plan was to meet up with Manuel, Marcos and Alex at Cafe Rio for dinner.


















The sunset out of the right window was fabulous!



















The mountains to the east out of the left window were gorgeous!


Right after these photos were taken my cell phone starts ringing. It's my niece Mandy and she and Shaun have a class to go to. Better than a sunset! Better than snow-capped mountains!! We get to hang out with Anna tonight!!!

Mandy and Shaun dropped Anna off with us at Cafe Rio. She ate (what appeared to be) the BEST! Kids. Quesadilla. EVER!! She entertained us all by making "pretty eyes", drinking from a straw, showing each of us her pretty little shoes, nodding her head when I asked her if her food was good, giving me her tiny little hand several times to wipe off the little greasy spots from the cheese and tortilla (almost as if she was saying, 'This is delicious, but hello!....I AM a girly-girl and don't like my hands or my clothes to get dirty!')

When we were finished eating I strapped her in to her car seat (it has been forever since I've had to do that!), started the car, and as soon as there was music Anna started to dance, clap her hands and snap her fingers! This is better than going to the movies!!

When we got home she played with the dogs, Alex read a book to her, Marcos followed her all over the bedroom while she checked out my make-up and brushes, she INGENIOUSLY ate a whole packet of fruit snacks from her diaper bag, we took some pictures (which weren't easy to take since she was moving at the speed of light pretty much THE ENTIRE TIME!). I changed her diaper, put on her cute little PJs and she drank some juice from her cup (no more bottle!).


























Mandy came and picked Anna up a few hours later.






Then, Sweet Little Baby Anna....







waved goodbye








and blew kisses to everyone.








Thanks Mandy, Shaun and Anna for making our night GREAT!!






....................................

1 comment:

Myranda, Shaun and Anna said...

Wow, that is quite the write up on your night with Anna. I'll have to ask you to watch her more often so I can remember all the fun things she does:D (I'm not to good at writing things down). Cute pictures, if I don't say so myself. Thanks again for watching her, she really had a GREAT time with her GREAT Auntie Dena, and her AWESOME cousins & Uncle!